jueves, 17 de junio de 2010

Slackware 13.1 Released

 Well, well, it seems that I'm a little out of date, I said this because I thought that I was caring of the new Slackware Release, that already it's 13.1, and it's been since May 19th 2010. 
A few improvements are as follows: 
  • Runs the 2.6.33.4 version of the Linux kernel.
  • New packing format (since Slackware 13.0) is .txz, that brings a bettet file compression.
  • gcc-4.4.4
  • Support for fully encrypted network connections with OpenSSL,
      OpenSSH, OpenVPN, and GnuPG.
  • The KDE Software Compilation 4.4.3 


As many camarades know, I do really like this distro, because it bring me total control of my operating system, so I can really configure it as much as I want.
Well, I really expect that testing was enough because once I decided to install Slackware 13.0 and KDE version that came with it was really failing every time, so I finally decided to downgrade to the last stable version to KDE and I made an hybrid distro between Slackware 12.2 KDE desktop manager and Slackware 13.0 base system, but oh! oh! my touchpad didn't go well, I wondered, why? and a few days later I found the answer, graphics server Xorg doesn't need xorg.conf anymore, so I thought where can I configure my mouse or my touchpad??? Bah!!! lets reinstall Slackware 12.2 and leave those problems to be solved in the next release.


It seems that time has come, and I'll try again the latest release of Slackware, 13.1. 


It can be downloaded from here. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario